Thursday, April 9, 2015

The Books of My Life





1. Favorite Childhood Book: Green Eggs and Ham By Dr. Seuss,
 
When I was younger, one of my favorite books to read was  Green Eggs and Ham.  It was a book I always enjoyed, along with some of Dr. Seuss other books.  Having Sam I am, and Daniel go back and forth about were he wants the green eggs and ham, as the main point of the book is one to be remembered.  I always remember it as a classic book, that I enjoyed.  

2. Book that Inspired Me: The Death of Ayrton Senna  By Richard Williams

When my dad told me about this book I didn't think much about it at first, but then I realized the main point of it.  The book, The Death of Ayrton Senna is about a legendary Formula One's driver rise to the top.  Senna worked hard every chance he had, to practice to get better at his sport.  It taught me to work hard at something I want to seceded in, and do well in. It was a book I will not forget about, and will always work hard on my goals.

3. Favorite Book that went to Screen: The Hunger Games By Suzanne Collins Image result for hunger games

My favorite book that went to screen is The Hunger Games.  It is a good series of books that Collins has made.  In the book, it follows the a 16 year old girl, from District 12, who volunteer for the 74th Hunger Games in place of her sister.  Also from District 12 is a guy, who developed a secret love for the girl prior to the games beginning. The book and the movie do have some differences that change the plot a little bit.  I feel the way the movie was done, was very professional.  The way how acted it out was very well, with the actresses that were chosen.   

4. Favorite Book Read for School: A Walk In The Woods By Bill Bryson 
Front Cover
For summer reading I had to read A Walk In the Woods.  I really liked this book, for what it was about.  It was about Bill Brysons walk on the Appalachian Trail.  The way how he describes a personal experience that I can relate to, I liked it, and found it interesting.  Through his journey, he had some nature talks he wrote about, that were so boring and I had to put the book down.  I was fine with reading it for school, and would recommended it to a hiker.

5. Top Book on my Must Read List: Code By Charles Petzold 

This is probably not a book you would expect someone to read but, I heard good things about it.  Being an App developer, I have started to wonder about the origins of coding and this book describes it.  It talks about the hidden language of computer hardware and software and were they started out.  I am looking forward to reading this book over the summer.Code: The Hidden Language of Computer Hardware and Software

No comments:

Post a Comment