Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Stepping Out of My Comfort Zone

Daniel James Brown is a author I haven't heard about until I read one of his books, Boys in the Boat.  To start off I am yet to read a story focus sports, they just haven't appealed to me.  Having friends that go to another school and compete in there rowing programs, I thought it might go well, knowing people that know the sport.

I was very surprised on how good the book was.  I really liked it, the book told the story of nine Americans starting there freshman rowing season to there gold in the 1936 Berlin Olympic games.  I like the journey it told of the team and how hard they worked up there way to the top of there game. I really enjoyed reading this book, it had some good cliff hangers, on how they were going to do in a race or what was next for the team.  

If not for the assignment,  I would not have got a love for the genre.  I am glad I had to force my self in the beginning to start reading it, now that I am finished with the book.



No comments:

Post a Comment